Thursday, 22 March 2012

Day 240

This morning I did not want to get up to go to work.  I am still kind of sore from the other day's workout and my back has been bothering me quite a bit since, even though I am doing my stretches every night.  Considering the fact that it has been snowing most of the day, I decided that it wouldn't be a good idea to go to the gym.  I just wanted to come home, change into my pj's and curl up in my chair with my blanket, cat and a good book.

I managed to do just that before supper and then I went upstairs, grabbed the laundry basket and carried on to the basement to get the laundry done.  While down there, I did 10 lunges on each leg, grabbed the 5 lbs dumbells and did 24 squats while touching one to the floor and while standing raise it above my head.  I did this with each arm and then did 12 side arm lifts, 12 bicep curls, and then carried on to do 12 more squats bringing the dumbells in front of me in each arm.  I came upstairs and started my baking.

As the washer finished in the basement, I went back downstairs and repeated this whole process and then came upstairs to pull out the yoga mat.  I started off with stretching the legs a little bit, laid down on the mat and reached with my arms and pointed with my toes and then did 25 ab crunches.  I did the cross body twist to the right and repeated the ab crunches.  Repeated the other side and again, ab crunches.  I did the one stretch that I put the right ankle on the left knee and pulled it towards me and then repeated the other side.  One last trip to the basement to get the clothes and a repeat session with the weights and I called it a day.

Even though I didn't get to the gym, I still had a pretty decent workout at home and I am sure that I will probably be a hurting unit tomorrow but, it's no biggie because, I know that I will be able to rest on Sunday!  :)

Tomorrow I am hoping if it is not snowing again, to go to the gym right after work.  If it is, then I will be dropping Jan off at home and carrying on to the gym before supper for my cardio workout.  Sounds good to me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment