Sunday, 11 March 2012

Day 229 - Weigh in

Even though today I did absolutely nothing at all in regards to working out, I am still going to do a blog.  It's important for me to mark down my feelings and thoughts as I go along this process and remember the successes and failures so that I can see and judge what may or may not need to change.

This weekend was actually a pretty relaxed and chill weekend.  I didn't really do much in the way of working out, but at the same time, sometimes a person needs those kinds of days every once in awhile to really reflect on all that they have accomplished and what they still need to conquer in order to get to the final goal that they have in mind.

Yesterday Jan and I had a housework day and since I have moved into this place, my main job has been to vacuum the floors and usually that was all I was able to handle.  My back would be so sore about halfway through that I would have to stop for a half an hour and take a rest before doing anything else.  Not yesterday though.  I spent 4 hours vacuuming the main level of the house and also scrubbing the floors.  That is with moving all of the furniture out of the way by myself.  I never knew that I would be able to do all of that again.  And even though to some, it would seem fairly trivial and not such a big deal but, for me, when I look back 7 months ago and see myself walking around this place with a cane in the evening because I can barely move, now that is huge!

Today I had a family function to go to, so I figured that maybe I would go to the gym in the morning and then head out there for that.  But as I was sitting here eating my breakfast, I was thinking, do I really want to go to the gym, after having a shower, get all sweaty and gross and then have to have another shower and get ready to go?  Not really.  So, I decided just to take the weekend off and relax.  I still have plans to do my stretching before I go to bed tonight, so it isn't completely doing nothing and I did do my stretching last night as well.  Just the cardio was not completed.

So anyways, this morning I was nervous to get on the scale, but on the other hand very excited.  i was hoping to break through that plateau of 200lbs and as I said on my facebook status, I did acheive that goal for this week.  I weighed in at 199lbs!  I lost 3 lbs last week with a total weight loss of 65lbs since July 11.  I am so much happier with the way my life has been transformed.  I mean, I've lost this weight, and although I still have some more to go, I will still be continuing on with this journey and maintaining it once I get to the desired goal.  Not only have I done that, but I have gotten myself a job that can take me to newer and better heights in my life and live more comfortably, with good benefits, and the freedom to basically do what I want to do without having to worry about the financial part of it.  That in itself has helped me to boost up my confidence in myself and make me feel like I am worth it in this life.  I still have a ways to go in that aspect, but hey, a start is a start.

I do have a few other goals in mind, they won't be shared until I have completely figured out when they will be acheived or even how to acheive them, but I will be sure to let people know when I can figure it out.

But, for now, this blog must come to an end.  I have an early start tomorrow for work, and I want to be well rested and alert for the learning that I will be doing.  I will be sure to try and hit the gym by 7 tomorrow so that I can get the blog up by 8:30pm at the latest.  It's really hard to get it up sooner when you really don't have alot of time to go to the gym before work or even before supper.  But I will sure try to get it together and get a rhythm down soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment