Today was a pretty good day, I am getting used to the idea of working in a call centre instead of working on my feet for 8 hours a day moving around the whole time. I was awake at 5:30am, had my breakfast by 6am, and was in the shower and ready to go by 7am. Jan wasn't going to work today but, she did give me a ride to the LRT and I was on my way. I have decided that since I won't be able to get my cardio done in the mornings anymore, at least until my training is done, that instead of using the elevator at both of my stops, I will be doing the stairs.
Once my day was complete I came home, did up the dishes for supper and got ready to go to the gym. Once we had supper, I sat here for a little bit and just relaxed on my chair for a few minutes and really didn't feel like going anywhere. I jumped up, went to the bathroom and instead of sitting back down, got my shoes on and proceeded to get ready to leave. I knew that if I didn't do it then, that I wouldn't do it at all.
Once I got to the gym, I headed upstairs and hoped that the eliptical was free in the ladies only room. I filled up my water bottle, went around the corner of the ladies only room, and silently celebrated. There was one free! I jumped on it quickly and started my workout. I started off on a level 2 for 5 min and a slightly slower speed than normal. At the 10 min mark, I raised the level to a level 3 and kept up the pace. I left the level at a 3 for the remainder of the time and I was really hoping to get at least close to Carmen's 300 calorie burn in 30 min. However, at the end of my 30 min, I was at 282 calories burned. I didn't quite make it but, I decided to go until the 300 calorie burn just to see how much time I would have needed in order to do it. I finally stopped at 31:41. Had I been able to go at a slightly higher speed, I may have just reached that goal.
Once I finished on the eliptical, I wiped down my machine and went over to the bike for another 10 min burning an additional 50 calories. So today, my total calorie burn was 350 in 40 min. Hopefully tomorrow I can maybe step up the level a little on that eliptical and keep the speed up a little bit. :)
When I got home, I called Carmen, talked to her for about an hour, and then got the yoga mat out and started my stretches. I decided to change it up a little bit and reverse the order of the stretches so that my back was feeling good by the time I was done and it feels amazing. I started off on my belly and did the cobra stretch, held it for about 30 seconds and then immediately went into the plank. I held that for 23 seconds, which with the way my back is feeling today, it wasn't that bad. I flipped myself over and laying on my back I reached my hands above my head and pointed my toes holding the stretch for 30 seconds. I then did 40 ab crunches and went right into the next stretch.
I pulled my left leg across my body with my right hand and hold for 30 seconds. On to the 40 ab crunches I went and did the other side. I followed with another 40 ab crunches and then took a little bit of a break for about a minute. I then put my right ankle on my left knee and held that for 30 seconds. 40 more ab crunches, and then the other leg. I did my last set of 40 ab crunches and then lifted my arms above my head and pointed my toes. I held it for another 30 seconds and when I got up from the mat today, I actually felt pretty good. It was a great day today, and I look forward to the next few days. Hopefully tomorrow it is a little less busy at the gym so that I am able to do a few more things other than just cardio. I will have to see how it goes. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment