Wow, what a week! It's been pretty crappy this week considering the fact that I hurt my knee last Monday and I wasn't able to get much done in the way of exercise. On Friday, Jan and I went out for supper with a bunch of people to A Taste of Vietnam in Sherwood park so therefore, I was unable to go to the gym as I had hoped that I would be able to.
Yesterday, we went to the farmer's market downtown, bought some bread and a few other things, then carried on to go to Walmart, the bank and then finally home. By the time I got here, I didn't feel like going to the gym so I did my few stretches that I usually do, and then we sat around here and watched TV for the rest of the evening and just relaxed.
This morning I slept in a little bit, until 9:30am and came downstairs to get the weigh in done. I was almost a little bit scared because of the events of the last week and I thought for sure that I would have gained weight rather than lost because there wasn't much I was able to get done in this past week.
Boy was I wrong! I stepped on the scale and it registered me in at 195lbs! I lost 3 lbs this week! I am sure glad that I did the 2 hour workout last week because it sure helped me out this week. I now have only 10 lbs to go and I have reached my goal weight before my deadline. I am extremely excited about that and I know that I can hit this goal within the next month so now I am going to have to get thinking on the next goal. This whole experience is very intriguing and also very challenging which is what I am fully enjoying,
This week is going to be a short week, thank goodness for that, I will be doing my usual hour long workouts Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday as well incorporating a fifteen minute strength training each day. On Friday and Saturday, as I do not have to work, and considering the fact that Jan is home as well, I will be hitting the gym for 2 hours at least on both days.
I did go to the gym today, if only for a little bit. I was really excited to go but, as I walked in the front door, I really didn't feel like being there. I believe that the excitement was just because of the fact that I was able to get out of the house by myself for a little bit and have some alone time. Anyways, I was hoping to get upstairs and get onto an eliptical but, as I rounded the corner, one was in use and the other was out of order. Figures. So, I did the bike instead. I was on there for 30 min, alternating the tension between a 4, 6 and 8 and burned 165 calories. It's not very much, but, as I was experiencing a little bit of discomfort with my knee, I didn't want another episode of pushing myself too hard and wind up losing my workouts this week again. I changed my shoes, jumped in the car, stopped at Timmie's and came home.
Before work, I will be doing my stretches, maybe a few ab crunches, and then I should be ok for a workout for today. Besides, isn't Sunday supposed to be a "rest" day for all? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment