Monday, 16 April 2012

Day 295 - Session

Ok, some days, I just really want to hit the man.  Especially on days like today.  Don't get me wrong, it was an amazing session, but, sometimes I think that Jeremy enjoys getting under my skin.  Today was one of those days.

I wound up doing a bunch of shadowing at work today.  I wasn't completely ready to get on the phones by myself and I thought that maybe I just needed a little bit more help to feel more confident on the phones.  So, pretty much all day, I was either having someone sit with me, or I sat in with someone to hear how their calls go. 

I got off at 1, headed to the gym, and made it there by 2, just in time for my session.  I started out doing 12 step ups on each leg, and then I had to do 12 weight lifts with a steel bar with my knees bent slightly.  Jeremy then went and got 2 5lb dumbells and brought them over and when I went up on the step ups, I had to do a side arm lift with both of them as I made it to the top.  Again, 12 times on each leg.  I did the steel bar lifts again and then once more on the step ups.

I then had to go down and up the stairs 3 times and when I got back upstairs he had me do 20 ab crunches, the side plank on each side, and then 20 more ab crunches.  I was able to rest for a minute and then repeated once more.  Another quick rest and then repeated for the last time. 

While I was doing these last ones, he set up a chair on one end of the gym and the middle sized step up on the other and I had to do a side lateral step fairly quickly, stopping at each "chair", sit down and then stand back up.  I had to do this 8 times on each chair and then was able to have a rest.  I did it once more, this time with the 5lb dumbells lifting them above my head three times and then I did the side step laterals, sitting on each one 4 times.  I was able to rest and then did the side steps one last time this time with 2 10 lbs dumbells.

Once I finally finished this, Jeremy told me that today we were going to do a jog on the treadmill.  I wasn't quite sure if I was going to be able to do it, but, he was adament and made me do it anyways.  I was quite happy because I was actually able to do it.  So today, I jogged on the treadmill, finally for the first time in 7 months at a 4.2 speed!

My homework for the next week is to do 4 hours of cardio, and I am pretty sure that I will surpass that, and of course, stretching is a give in.  I will try to step it up a little bit more and get some core done as well because I don't think I made him happy today.  I have been a little defiant the last couple weeks and I am not sure why but, I think it is just because I am getting tired and I just want to be done with this whole journey already.

I am not sure when my next session is, Jeremy leaves for Vegas next wednesday and Monday is month end at the club so he's pretty busy with that.  Anyways, I will have to see what the next week brings, hopefully things will be better in the next couple days in the way of getting back into the groove of things and getting back into a better frame of mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment