I want to start off this blog on a more positive note than I have in previous ones. I will be trying a new approach each time that I post the blog so that I can continue on the path of helping myself lead a more uplifting and happier life.
Today I woke up feeling quite refreshed from yesterdays episode of not feeling well and I wanted to kick start my day off right by thinking more and more about things that I was grateful for during my day. As I crawled out of bed, I thought to myself, you know, thank God that I was able to open my eyes this morning. I really am grateful to be able to breathe and use my feet even though they still hurt. After awhile, they work just fine and I am so thankful for that. As the day progressed on, I thought, as I passed the gym on my way to work, I am so happy that I made the decision to go to the gym and sign up for a membership to change my life around.
As I got to work, I silently thanked the LRT driver for the safety of arriving downtown so that I was able to go to work and perform my job. It was all starting to pick me up and make me really think about everything in this life that has benefited me and helped me in my life. As I was at work, and answering calls, I had received a call from a lady that had undergone hip surgery. I felt bad for her but at the same time I told her, "It can only get better from here on in." Yes, maybe she is in extreme pain, but at least she is alive and otherwise healthy.
As I was finishing my shift I thought, boy am I glad to be alive today. I have so much to live for. I have my family, no matter how angry I get at some things that happen, I have my friends, and I have my pets that love me, all of them, unconditionally, no matter what stupid decisions I make. It only got better from there. I felt so much better, and I felt like I was almost able to conquer anything. I went and picked up my pay stub, my last one, from Esso, opened it up and silently thanked Esso for the little bit of extra money that I had made.
All of this stuff that happened today made me feel so great. I know that with all of this positiveness, it will make things go by that much smoother. This will be a practise that I am putting to the test each and every day. Somehow I have got to be able to get myself in a better frame of mind and not hold on to grudges that I have been holding on to for so long.
I went to the gym, headed upstairs to the ladies only room and saw that the elipticals were empty and just calling my name. Today, I was planning on finally catching up with Carmen's 391 calories in 35 min. I started off on a level 6 and carried on for about 5 min. At 6 min, I increased the tension 1 level higher. Every min I increased the level until I hit a level 14. I went on as long as I could before I had to drop it slowly back down. I hit 35 min before I knew it and looked at my calories. I hadn't quite gotten there. By the time I hit 391 calories, I had missed the target by 53 seconds. Darn! I was so close!
I left the gym feeling very satisfied with what I had done. That was pretty impressive for me, and I was extremely determined to hit that record. I went to pick up Jan from the LRT and called Carmen to let her know. I told her, you know, I think if you are going to set a record for me to beat, you should probably make it easier for me. We both laughed and she told me that I could always try and beat her jog time of 3/4 of a mile. HA HA! Not gonna happen with this chick. Not yet anyways. We decided that we would call it a tie, 391 calories on the eliptical in 35:53 is pretty damn good. :)
When I got home, I was feeling pretty tired. I really didn't want to do anything else let alone, stretches and core exercises. However, me being the good girl that I am, I did it anyways. I went downstairs, cleaned out the litterbox and then came upstairs to get the torture over and done with. I held the regular plank for 35 seconds, the side plank on each side for 20 seconds each, a total of 100 ab crunches and my normal stretches that I am required to do on a regular basis.
Now that I am finishing up with this blog, I am feeling very tired, but at the same time, I am feeling extremely satisfied with my day. I am sure that I am going to sleep well tonight, and that tomorrow will be just as good as today was. In fact, it will be absolutely fantastic once again and I can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment