What a great day indeed. I can`t believe that I actually made it through the day with enough energy to complete what I had set out to do after work. It is still mind boggling to me and very amazing that I still have the heart and soul to try and give it my all. In the last 2 weeks, I have to admit, I kind of lost the willpower to continue on. I didn`t try nearly as hard as I should have, I dropped off of the healthier eating that I was on, and I basically just gave up. Jeremy had called me out on it on Monday and wound up getting me thinking quite a bit in the last couple days and I realized last night that yes, he was right. I wasn`t happy and I was in a way almost giving up. I had no positive energy, I had no ambition, and I just didn`t want it.
This is why today, I have done as much as I have. I look back on what I have done and what I have accomplished in the last 7 months, and I remember the pain that I was in. I remember the way that I could not walk up the stairs at all without practically dragging myself up the stairs by the railings. It was absolutely pathetic. I look now at the way I am, I can practically jog up the stairs, almost run down them without fear of falling. I can speed walk on the way home from work, jog, on the treadmill. My back doesn`t hurt nearly as much as it did, in fact, there`s alot of the time where it feels absolutely great! This is what I am going to be focussing on from now on.
So after work today, I headed to the gym and made it there for 2pm once again. I went straight up to the ladies only room, jumped on the eliptical and started out on a level 3 and increased it slowly until I hit a 6. I jumped off at the 15 min mark and wound up burning 150 calories. I am pretty sure had I kept going, I may have come pretty close to matching carmen`s 391 in 35 min. But, I decided that I really didn`t want to continue on the eliptical anymore.
I headed out into the main area, got on the treadmill, and put it on a 4.5 incline and a 2.6 speed. I did a bunch of altering in the speed and incline here, and burned 428 calories in an hour. I even wound up doing a 3.4 speed at a 9 incline for about 3 or 4 min. Once I got finished on the treadmill, I didn`t really feel like I was done though. So, I headed back into the ladies only room, and jumped on the bike.
I started off on a level 4 on the bike and carried on for about 5 min. I was reading my ereader and didn`t even realize I was at that point so, when I looked up and saw the 5 min mark, I decided to raise it up to a level 6 for a couple of min. I then started to feel the burn in my legs finally and dropped the tension back down to a level one. By the end of 15 min I burned 72 calories and I figured that that was a pretty good workout for one day. At the end of my hour and a half session, I wound up burning 650 calories total.
I was feeling pretty drained by the time I got home, and so I rested for a bit until I finished making supper and eating. I then turned on The Biggest Loser from last night, my facorite show, and started on my stretches. I laid down on the yoga mat, did my first stretch and then went on to do 20 ab crunches right after. I even made sure to bring my shoulders up off the floor a little higher than normal so that I could get more of a burn in. I went on to do one side of the torso twist, repeated the ab crunches, did the other side, 20 more ab crunches and then the last stretch with pulling one leg up towards my chest and then the other. After each of these sides I did 40 more ab crunches for a total of 100.
I didn`t stop there though. I wanted to make sure that I was going to be ok for my session with Jeremy on Monday, because I know that he will probably try and beat the crap out of me once again, so I went on to hold the plank for 25 seconds normally, and 20 seconds of the side plank on each side. Now that I have finished the stretches, and all the core stuff, I am now pleased to say that I am completely and utterly drained and ready to go to bed. Tomorrow I have decided once again to hit the gym, maybe for an hour and a half again, I will have to see. I am starting to feel much better on the whole idea of continuing on with this journey and finishing what I have started. Yes, today has been an amazing day indeed! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment