Sunday, 15 April 2012

Day 294 - Weigh in

Hmmm, weigh in day once again.  I feel like I haven't done anything at all in the last week and quite honestly, I haven't done anything.  Last Tuesday I received some terrible news that my Great Grandma had passed away and therefore, I really haven't been feeling up to continuing on with my journey.  I did wind up going into the gym on Wednesday for half an hour but, my heart just wasn't in it.  I was thinking that maybe I could just go and get some stress out there through the machines and even though I was there for half an hour, I just did not feel satisfied.  So, away I went.

On Friday we had the funeral so my brother picked me up at 10 am and we headed out to Westlock, Alberta.  Under the circumstances, it was awesome to be able to go on a road trip with him and get to know him better.  I am glad that we went together.  On our way home, we stopped in to see my Grandpa Stuart.  I have missed him terribly and we really should be going to see the family more often than we do. 

Yesterday and today, I haven't felt really good.  I think with everything that has been going on in the last week, I have been going through alot of issues internally and I believe that I am starting to get over them and work them out now.  Tomorrow is a new day, I will be going to the gym after work for a session with Jeremy at 2 and I am nervous, but at the same time I am looking forward to it.  I am starting to get back into the groove of things and plan to go to the gym every day after work this week and the following weeks to come.

I was awake until 2 am this morning and even though I have been not having enough sleep, I was still up at 8:30 am to get started on my day.  I went downstairs, turned on the wii and prepared myself for a gain in weight.  It didn't happen once again!  I lost another pound last week putting my weight at 193 lbs and a total weight loss of 71 lbs.  Only 8 more lbs to go until I hit my goal of 185.  It is very overwhelming and very exciting all the same.  I still have yet to decide what my next goal is, but I will definitely have it in place for when I get to the first one.  :)

Today marks the 15th of April, and it would have been my mother's birthday today.  I still miss her terribly but at the same time, I am at ease with not having her here.  I can say that it is the first time that I have not been an emotional mess on this day as I have been in years before.  I usually wind up wishing her a happy birthday still when I wake up in the morning and today I didn't.  So, I am wishing her a happy birthday now, here in my blog.  I love you mom!

Anyways, as today is my last shift at Esso, I am going to be getting my stretches done in the next few minutes and then heading off to work for the last time.  I will miss all of the regular customers, and the slow pace of the Sunday shift, but I am very excited to finally be down to only one job and having my 2 days off a week again.  I am not sure what I am going to do with all of the free time, but I am pretty sure it will be used in the gym at least a couple hours a day to fill the boredom.  Maybe I will be able to finally plan some road trips and see some family that I haven't been able to see in previous years.  That would be really nice as well.  So I leave you now with a smile, and I will be sure to post the blog probably before supper tomorrow night with the events of tomorrows session.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment