Today has been another good day. I think more and more good days like this and I won't have to worry about doing the blog anymore! Just kidding! I wound up waking up late this morning. I didn't get a good sleep last night and wound up crawling out of bed at 6:15am. I made it just in time to leave the house at 7am and away I went to work.
I am feeling a little bit better on the phones, but, there are quite a few things that I am still a little unclear of and I am sure that I will be receiving some more coaching at the end of the week. All in the process of learning right?
I was lucky enough to get a call that lasted until almost half an hour after my shift ended. I thought that maybe I would be late for my session with Jeremy but, I arrived early and was upstairs and ready to go right on time.
I was on the treadmill for about 12 min before he was ready to come and get me and when he did, we made our way over to the TRX ropes. I did about 15 reverse lunges here and then he gave me a medicine ball and told me to lift it above my head and then drop it on the floor. I then had to squat and pick it up and repeat this about another 15 times. I went back to the TRX ropes, this time doing about 20 rows on it and then I had to lift a heavier medicine ball about 12 times this time. I finished up on the TRX ropes with the rows one more time and then I got to do my favorite activity in the world.
I got to go down and up the stairs 3 times! Yay! From there, I went over to a different machine that I had to kind of squat in a half squat, pull a rope towards me lifting weights, step to the side and pull again alternating each side. Back down and up the stairs and then I was able to rest for a couple of min to look at Jeremy's picture of his neice that was just born this past Thursday! :) I love looking at baby pictures and he sure looked to be the proud Uncle for the first time! He also showed some pictures of his mom and dad and of course, the proud parents.
Back over to the pulley rope after the pictures, and this time he put the weights up a little bit. I did this again about 12 times on each side and then we made our way downstairs where I had to do leg lifts on a different machine 12 times on each leg. I had to go up and down the stairs 2 times but this time he switched it up a little bit. As I was going up the stairs I had to take them two at a time and then come down normally. Went over to do the leg lifts again and then the stairs twice again two stairs at a time. Jeremy at this point had to run off for a min by the time I got back downstair and I took that opportunity to sit down on the stairs and rest to wait for him.
We went over to a secluded area of the club where I had to do 15 side arm lifts with a 10 lb dumbell in each hand and then step ups. He let me rest for a few seconds, I repeated and then repeated this set one more time. We made our way back upstairs over to the bike where I was put on a level 12 tension for a min, reduced to a 4, back up to a 12, and then when I couldn't go on anymore we negotiated to alternate a level 8 and a level 4 for the next 12 min. By the time I was done, we had set up our next session for next Tuesday when he is back from Las Vegas at 11am.
All in all, it was a fantastic workout! Jeremy was really impressed with my intensity today and made sure to let me know a few times throughout the session. We talked quite a bit and it was all good. My homework for the next week is to do 4 hours of cardio and 10 min of stretching and core every day. Pretty much the standard homework that he normally gives, but I always make sure to remind him either before the session is over, or text him later.
I guess it's a good thing that I am off work at 12pm all week! I should be able to get some pretty good cardio in and even go pretty hard as well! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment