I woke up bright and early this morning feeling fairly refreshed and ready for whatever the day was going to bring to me. I was awake at 7am, out of bed by 7:30 and even had my breakfast made and eaten by 8am. It is quite surprising because normally it takes me a few hours to get mobile and ready to go on days off. But, considering the fact that I spent just about all day yesterday in bed with the exeption of 3 or 4 hours, I think that was the problem yesterday.
Anyways, I was showered and dressed by 9:30am and out the door heading towards the gym by 10:30am. I headed upstairs to the ladies only room when I got there and jumped on the eliptical to start my workout. I alternated the tension from 4 to start and then after 5 min dropped it down to a level 1 and then started to slowly increase the tension every min by 1 level. I hit a level 8 and left it there for the remainder of my 30 min and burned 300 calories.
I wasn't quite ready to go so I figured I would get on the bike and try that out for a little while. I started off at a level 4 and left it there for about 9 min and then dropped it down to a 1. I slowly brought it back up each min until I hit an 8 and then after 2 min, dropped it back to a 1 again. Again I increased the levels each min and at the end of another 30 min I burned 152 calories on the bike for a total burn of 452 calories. I was feeling pretty good and thought that maybe I would carry on the workout once I got home but, I just didn't feel up to it.
I decided that since Jan was gone and wouldn't be home for supper that I would take a walk and go pick up a sub for supper and also go to Esso and grab myself a coffee. I got home, ate supper and drank my coffee and after a couple of hours, went downstairs and cleaned out the litterbox for the cats. From there, I went upstairs to my room and put on some music and started to go through some of the drawers in my room and declutter them. I spent 2 hours up there and now that I am back downstairs, I am thinking that maybe I am ready for bed. It has been a relaxing day yes, but it has also been kind of busy all at the same time.
Tomorrow I have a session with Jeremy, I didn't really want to get the blog done earlier because with Jeremy, there's no telling if he is going to cancel on me for a Saturday or not. But, since I still have not received a text message from him saying he was cancelling, I think it's pretty safe to say we are still on for tomorrow. I am kind of nervous because I haven't been in a session with him for about 2 months now and not only are we doing one tomorrow, but we are also doing a session on Monday as well. Not sure if I am going to be up for this but, I'm excited all the same.
I am going to be doing my stretches shortly here, because I know that I am going to need to be in tip top shape for tomorrow and then I am going to head for bed. Maybe a good nights sleep will be good for me. After our session tomorrow I am hoping to stay for either a half hour or an hour to get some cardio in. Hopefully it will help for next weeks weigh in. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment