Thursday, 19 April 2012

Day 298

Wow, another great day.  I am very excited to see what is going to be happening within the next couple of weeks, let alone the next couple of days.  When I got into work this morning I opened my email at work, opened the resume that I sent to myself, and attached it to a job posting at work.  Hopefully I will be able to get it as it a chance for me to continue doing what I am doing but with more hours.  I applied for the full time position that was available.

After work, I made my way over to the gym to get my workout done.  I was really excited because so far this week I have become more and more dedicated to the exercise and I am noticing that I keep doing more and more each day.  How wonderful!

So, I changed my clothes, and headed up to the ladies only room.  I jumped onto the eliptical and away I went.  I started off on a level 4 from the get go and carried on for 4 min.  I wasn't really feeling the burn in the legs so at 4 min I increased the level each min until I reached a level 9.  At 20 min I decreased the level to an 8 and carried on for the remainder of my half hour.  By the time I was done, I wound up burning 307 calories.

I wasn't feeling very satisfied with my workout so I figured I would carry on with the treadmill.  I started off on a 2.5 incline, and 2.8 speed and then after 5 min increased the incline to a 4.5 and the speed up to a 3.  I raised the incline one more time to a 9 and left if until I hit the 15 min mark.  Then I reduced the incline and wound up doing a few switches.  I wound up jogging on the treadmill for a total of 10 min on a 4.4 speed and a 2.5 incline for 1 min, and then a 4.5 for a min.  The rest of the time the incline was not on at all.  But, I was still impressed that I did it.  At the end of this half an hour treadmill session I had burned 213 calories and considered my gym workout to be complete with a total calorie burn of 520 calories.

When I got home, I made myself some supper and then started getting my laundry done.  I got back to the main level and carried on to do 48 lunges, and 48 squats.  My legs are now feeling pretty sore but, then again, I have been doing the stairs every day before and after work, and I keep doing some extra stuff as well when I get home.  Maybe this weeks weigh in will be really good, who knows?

I only have another half an hour of cardio to do before my homework from Jeremy is complete so tomorrow I will be going to the gym after work once again, and this time, I won't be pushing quite as hard.  I don't know, I hope I don't anyways.  I really don't want to kill myself before Jeremy gets a chance to on Monday.  lol

I will be doing my stretches before I go to bed in half an hour, with about 60 ab crunches and then I am going to call it a night.  I am really hoping tomorrow and Saturday are absolutely wonderful as well and then Sunday I am able to relax and put my feet up for one day....

No comments:

Post a Comment