Monday, 9 April 2012

Day 288 - Session/Measurements

It has been the most wonderful day off today!  It started off kind of not so good, but, by the end, it really turned out to be quite fantastic!  I was notified last night when I got home from my easter dinner that my great grandmother was in the hospital and not doing so good.  So naturally, I didn't wind up sleeping really good and wound up getting up around 7:30am.  I didn't eat breakfast this morning, (no I did not tell Jeremy) and instead, went upstairs and jumped in the shower right away.

I got to the gym and I was still not really in high spirits, I was a little nervous about the measurements, and trying to get myself in the gym mode, but nothing really seemed to be working.  Finally Jeremy came and got me from my treadmill and told me he had a gift for me.  I turned around and looked at him with a puzzled look and he handed me 2 slips of paper.

He got me 2 tickets to The Rush game for April 21st!  I was really shocked and very surprised.  So I gave him my thanks, put them on his desk and off we went to get started on the workout.  I started off sitting on a bench facing some weights, grabbed the handle from above me, sat down and pulled the weights down.  I did 12 of these and then I had to go to the other bench and do 12 pushups on the bench and repeat these 2 more times.  From there, he had me go down and up the stairs 3 times and then we headed over to the chin up and dips assist.  I did 12 chin ups, and 12 dips and then he sent me to the stairs again for another 3 times.

I went back to the chin up and dips assist, did 12 more of each and did the stairs another 3 times.  One more round on the dips and chin ups and then we moved over to the TRX ropes.  Here I had to hold the TRX ropes with one hand, squat down and while squatting bring the opposite hand behind me reaching towards the floor and while pulling myself up, bring that hand towards the roof alongside the ropes.  I had to do this 12 times on each arm and then we moved over to the next TRX rope where I had to do 30 assisted ab crunches and then a 3 min sprint on the bike on a level 8.  Down the stairs 3 times I went afterwards and then repeated the circuit one more time.  This time I had to continue on the bike for another 2 min on a level 4 at a lower speed for a cool down and then we went on to measurements.

Jeremy took my weight, did the measurements, and then had to lay down on the "bed" and he hooked me up to a machine to tell what the inside of my body had to say.  He left the room to go get the sheets that he printed off and started to go through them with me.  The results are as follows from July 11th.

I have gone down:

4cm in the neck
26 cm in the glutes
3 cm in the shoulders
13 cm in the thighs
28 cm in the chest area
26 cm in the belly area

As he was reading these numbers to me, I didn't say anything, I had tears running down my cheeks and when he looked up at me and asked why I was crying.  He didn't think I was happy but, I just said I am very happy and that was just what happened.  He smiled at me and was so happy about the measurements that he dropped the measuring tape on the floor.  It really is a great feeling to have accomplished so much.

It looks like it is back to work for me tomorrow and I am very excited to go back.  Having 4 days off is really great but, I felt like I didn't accomplish anything except for laziness all weekend!  As I do not start work until 10am, I will be heading off to work with jan in the morning and going to the gym before work.  If I feel up to it afterwards I may go back to the gym for a little bit, but I highly doubt it.  My next session with Jeremy is not until next Monday at 2pm after work, so that should be a great end to the day!

This wasn't the end to my day though.  I headed out to my brother's place in Devon to visit with them, Blaine and Patty and the kids.  It was really awesome to see them and I never fully realize just how much I miss those boys until I see them.  They grow up way too fast! 

From there, I made it home just in time for Jan to leave and pick up Sara from the LRT.  So, I decided that maybe I would go for the ride and we went and picked up Merv, and then headed out to the cemetary to visit Granny and her husband's grave.  When we finished there, we gave Sara a ride home and then Merv offered to take us out for supper.  Jan needed to get home to get her laundry done so I went with him and we wound up going to Humpty's for supper.  It was very good and now that I am home, I am going to do only my stretches and then I am off to bed.  It has been a very full day and with not alot of sleep.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment