Monday, 2 April 2012

Day 281

Today marks the last day of school for me.  Although I am still a little bit unclear of a few things, I am very excited and happy to finally be done.  Tomorrow is the big test day, as well as a little lunch party as well and then on Wednesday we are on the phones finally.  It's been a long haul, but, it will be worth it all in the end.  :)

As I didn't get much sleep last night, I wasn't exactly sure how I was going to do tonight at the gym, or even if I was going to go.  After waiting anxiously to get off of work, and bustling my bottom to get home, I changed my clothes, talked to Carmen for about 40 min and was off to the gym.

Once agian I was unfortunate enough to not get the eliptical, and I thought that maybe I would just go and do it in the main area, but, as I walked back out there, I decided that I didn't really feel up to the eliptical anyways.  So, I got on the treadmill, starting off at a 2.5 incline and 2.5 speed.  After 5 min, I raised the incline to a 4.5 and carried on.  5 min later still, I raised it one more time to a 6.5 and carried on.  At the 20 min mark, I raised the speed to a 2.8 and then at 25 min up to a 3 speed.  When I got to 30 min, I lowered the incline down to a 0 and the speed down to a 2.5 again and then started all over again.  I hit the cool down at 45 min and by the time I finished 50 min, I had burned 337 calories.  I figured that wasn't too bad for a treadmill workout!  :)

Once I got home, supper was ready and waiting for me so I ate and prepared myself mentally to get my stretches done.  I wanted to get some sort of a strength workout done so after I stretched the legs out, I laid on the floor and did 15 bench presses with the 5 lb dumbells and 20 ab crunches.  I went straight into the stretch where I put the arms above my head and reach as far as I can while pointing my toes and then repeated the bench presses and ab crunches.  I then grabbed my left leg and pulled it across my body, repeated the bench presses and ab crunches and then repeated the other side and finishing off with you guessed it, bench presses and ab crunches.

For not wanting to do any of it at all today, I feel that today turned out to be quite successful and I am fully satisfied with myself for kicking myself in the rear and just getting it done.  Tomorrow I will be heading to the gym straight after work, once again, and hopefully this time I will be able to get onto one of those elipticals.  Apparently I have a new calorie burn to beat, as my darling sister-in-law has set the new record at 391 calories in 35 min.  Ugh!  Makes me feel good though, at least I have something to strive for and it also helps me to get that extra calorie burn in there!  Thanks Carmen!

As it is 8:30pm now, I must get ready for work tomorrow and get to bed at an earlier time tonight.  Tomorrow is going to be another succesful day I am sure and I couldn't be happier!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment