I'm thinking today's blog is going to have to be a short one. I am very very tired today and really anxious to get to bed early. By early I mean that I am hoping to be in bed and sound asleep by 8pm. It has been a long day, and a full day, even though technically I didn't do a whole lot, I still worked hard today at both my job and my workout.
This morning I wound up sleeping in until 6:15am. I really did not want to get up as I had such a terrible sleep last night, and was freezing cold as a result of it by the time I got up. So I didn't get breakfast this morning and that's ok because I just stopped and picked up kind of like an egg mcmuffin from the Treats coffee shop by my work and had breakfast there. The day went on pretty well, I wound up receiving some coaching this afternoon which I am thankful for, because I know that I have made a few mistakes, but wasn't exactly sure what.
After work, I was really excited to get going to the gym and complete my workout for the day. It would mark the successful completion of my "homework" that Jeremy had given me, exceeding it by about half an hour. I arrived at the gym at 2, and went into the locker room to change. I went up the stairs and right into the ladies only room. At that time of day it is really nice because there is noone there and I basically have the run of the room for myself. It really is quite peaceful.
I got on the eliptical and immediately set the level at an 8 and started to give it for all it was worth for about 3 1/2 min. I then lowered it down to a 1 and continued on for another min. I then decided to try something new and go a little bit higher, so I put it up to a level 10 and tried going as long as I could and then drop it back down to a one for a min. I kept doing this for 31 min and really was hoping to continue on with the level 10 for the last 4 min but, I just couldn't do it. I was so tired and wound up quitting at 317 calories burned.
I still had about an hour before I had to pick up Jan from the LRT so I figured that I would just get on the treadmill for a little bit at a slow pace and go for as long as I tired or until I had to go. I did the first 15 min on a 0 incline and 2.5 speed and then upped the incline to a 2.5 and carried on. At the end of 30 min I hit the cool down button and by the time I finished I had butned 183 calories there. I got a total of 500 calories burned today marking my total burn since Mondays session 1964 calories. That's pretty darn good and it doesn't even stop there! Tomorrow is my two hour "last chance" workout. I hope I can do well, and I am actually going to try to get at least 45 min on the eliptical, 45 on the treadmill, and 30 min on the bike. I will have to see if I will be able to but that is what the plan is.
Tonight I am, as I said earlier, heading off to bed early. I plan to do my normal 4 stretches, with 20 ab crunches in between each one, and then through in the plank for hopefully 30 seconds for each the normal, and on each side. I have some awesome news to share on Sunday for weigh in, not too sure about numbers, but, there is definitely some awesome things happening!
No comments:
Post a Comment