It has been another wonderful day! If I have many more of these, I just may start floating around in the world because I am feeling so high! Before supper last night I had a little bit of an issue. I was feeling pretty terrible and I kept feeling a sharp pain in my chest whenever I would breathe either in or out and I thought maybe, seriously maybe, I was having a heart attack. I wan't completely sure what was going on, so I opted to get my stretches done and go and lay down for a little bit to see if maybe it would make a difference. It seemed to alleviate the pain a little bit so I figured that I should be going to bed early and try to get some rest. Even though I wasn't feeling to great health wise, I was still in high spirits though so, it turned out to be good after all.
This morning I woke up at 5:30am not sure exactly how the day was going to go. I was still pretty tired even though I had roughly 9 hours of sleep but, the pain in my chest had seemeed to move on. I went outside to have a smoke and as I was out there my body felt like collapsing underneath me and I got dizzy. I am thinking that the smoking needs to stop. I want to quit anyways, so I guess tomorrow I will have to be using the nicorette that I bought even though I hate the taste of it. They do work somewhat so I guess it is time.
The day went pretty good at work, I had a little bit of coaching and when I got off at 12pm, I immediately headed off to the gym to get a workout done. I knew that because of our session yesterday with Jeremy that I was in a little bit of discomfort and I did want to do my cardio today, but I really didn't want to push myself to the point that I wasn't able to continue for the next week.
I headed up the stairs after changing and went over to the treadmill. I set it on a 2.5 incline and a 3 speed for 7 min and then raised the incline to a 4.5. I carried on for another 8 min and then once again increased the incline up to a 6.5. I went on to the 22 min mark and raised it one more time to a 9 incline. At 30 min I dropped the incline back down to a 2.5, lowered the speed to a 2.8 and left it there until I hit the 45 min mark. I then lowered it to a 2.5 speed and carried on for the last 10 min and hit the cool down button. In my hour on the treadmill, I burned 381 calories. Apparently my morbid thinking thinks that is a mellow workout but, looking at the calorie burn, I guess not.
I got home at around 2:30pm with a tea for Jan, and a coffee for myself. I sat to relax for awhile before getting the energy to get the other part of my homework done today. I brought out the yoga mat, got down on the floor and held the plank for 40 sec. I then did the plank on each side holding it for 20 seconds on each side and sat on the mat to stretch my legs out. I then laid down and went into 40 ab crunches, brought my hands above my head and reached above me and pointed my toes. I went into another 40 ab crunches and then pulled my right leg across my body and held the stretch for about a min. I did another 40 ab crunches and did the other side. 40 more ab crunches and then did the last stretch that I normally do with my ankle on the knee and drawing it up towards my chest. I did the other side and in between did 20 more ab crunches for each.
Jeremy would be proud because I was only supposed to be doing 10 min of core and stretches every day but, I wound up doing 45 min combined! :) 200 ab crunches later, and with the stretching under my belt, I do feel much better now than I did before I started.
I will be going to the gym tomorrow again aftter work, and I may just do the eliptical tomorrow. Because I did the treadmill for an hour today, my feet are feeling just a little on the sore side and I think it would be a wise choice to take it easier tomorrow on the feet. I may do some strength training as well tomorrow as I will be getting to the gym at around 1 and I will have roughly about 2 1/2 hours to pick up Jan from the LRT. I guess I will have to see how it goes tomorrow.
In closing, I am going to try and get to bed fairly early tonight, I am pretty tired, and not only that but, I think having a good sleep every night should help in keeping me feeling good. No more staying up late for me! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment