Sunday, 6 November 2011

Day 118 - Weigh in

I can honestly say that I'm not sure how I'm feeling today.  I am having mixed emotions running through me so far this morning.  One minute I feel happy, proud of what I have accomplished and the next I just want to cry.  It's getting closer to Mom's anniversary, and yes, I miss her dearly as I always will, but at the same time, I feel happy that she is at peace and in a great place.  I feel alone these days.  I know it's just a phase, and it will pass, but it doesn't stop me from feeling this way.

I got up this morning thinking about the gym and how great it would be to be able to go just a little bit faster on the treadmill, and then I thought, I really don't feel up to doing the gym today.  I was hungry, had a hard time sleeping once agian last night, and just didn't feel up to going.  So, I made my breakfast, had two cups of coffee and jumped in the shower.  My mind was made up and I did my workout here at home.

I pulled out the yoga mat, and got down on the floor and pointed my toes down and stretched my arms above my head.  I did 20 ab crunches and took a 20 second rest for my back, and then pulled my left leg across my right and held for 45 seconds.  I did another 20 ab crunches and repeated with the other side, followed by 20 more crunches.  I took another 20 second rest, put my right ankly on the left knee and pulled up, 20 ab crunches and then did the opposite side with 20 more ab crunches.

Once finished with these, I rolled over on my belly and did the plank for almost 19 seconds and then pulled up into the cobra position.  I had a little bit of a rest and then tried the plank again.  I was not successful the second time, I was only able to do it for 6 seconds but, at least I tried it.

I was going to do a small workout before work but, unfortunately Nikki was here so I was unable to get my workout done.  I work 4 - 10 today so I will make sure to at least do an hour workout tonight when I get home.  Last night Jan met me at work and we went for a half hour walk with the dogs so I'm pretty sure I can at least get my hour and a half in tonight before bedtime.

I stepped on the scale this morning and it said that I have lost another 2 lbs.  So I am now at 232lbs.  8 more lbs to go and the no smoking is going to be in effect.  I'm getting fairly excited!  I will have the blog up tomorrow after lunch at some point after my doctor's appointment and session.

No comments:

Post a Comment