Monday, 14 November 2011

Day 126 - Session

I think I am starting to get on the right track of mind once again.  I am still a little confused and conflicted about some things, but, all in all, I am doing much better today.  I was awake at 6 am this morning after being up until almost 1:30 am and was ready to get it done by the time I went to give Jan a ride to work.

I came home, had my coffee, and waited for 8 am to come around.  I jumped in the shower, got dressed and made it out the door and to the gym with 10 min to spare.  I had a smoke, went in, and got on the bike for an 8 min warm up before Jeremy came to get me.

We started over by kind of like a ballarina bar type thing that has resistance bands attatched to it and using both ends of the resistance bands, started working on my shoulders right away.  Then I had to do stepups from the sides straddling the board and then back to the resistance bands.  The second time I did the step ups I had to take the 5lb medicine ball and step up while holding the ball above my head and then with a different resistanct band, I had to stand on it with one leg slightly bent and do side arm lifts.  Back to the step ups with another medicine ball that weighed alot heavier than the other, and I had to hold it to my chest while doing the step ups.

From there, I went to the TRX ropes and did reverse lunges reaching as far back with my leg across the backside of my body, alternating with each leg repeatedly.  Off to the bike I went to do a 3 min sprint on a level 10 and then I did the TRX ropees, stairs 2 times and back to the bike for another 3 min sprint.  Then we went over to do some more shoulder exercises which is kind of hard to explain, followed by forward lunes and then repeating.

After that, we moved over to the flexibility machine and as I was doing that, Jeremy did the hamstring stretch and then we switched and finished off with a few stretches on the mats.  It was a great workout today and I felt pretty refreshed afterwards.

My next session is on Friday morning at 9 and for homework I am to do 2 1/2 hours of cardio plus at least 10 min on the eliptical since "I am starting to like it" says Jeremy as well as stretches every day of course, and core exercises which includes the plank and ab crunches.  I think I should be able to manage that, and this time I will be sure to at least try the plank at least once during the next couple days. :)  More Tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment