Sunday, 20 November 2011

Day 132 - Weigh in

I am feeling a little on the overwhelmed side today.  I am sitting here crying because I am so happy about the accomplishments that I have made so far.  Not only that, but I am missing my family more and more each day and I know that I could go and see them whenever I want but, at the same time, I don't really have the time to be going anywhere.  My life has gotten so busy and I don't like it one bit.  I like to be able to sit here and read a book if I want or talk on the phone with the loved ones, or run out for coffee with a friend whenever I want.

I guess that's the price you pay for choices you make in your life in regards to your health.  Health first, hard work next, and then the pleasures of life can follow.  All of this emotion was set off a little while ago due to the fact that I phoned my dad to talk to him and share the news of my weigh in.  I am so very proud of myself and I knew that he would give me the excitement that helps to keep me motivated and keep me in tact.  I was not disappointed in the least.

I have also made a decision in the last month to better enhance my financial situation and therefore, I made a decision to quit Esso, although I love the job and the customers, and the people I work with, I just can't afford to do any of the things I love to do.  It's slowly tearing me apart and I am afraid that if I don't do something about it, I won't last much longer and give up.  So, I got an offer to go back to McDonald's as a Swing Manager once again, with a 2.50 pay increase from what I am making now, and also my weekends off.  This is particularly the deal breaker for me because I am then free on the weekends to do whatever I want.  I am able to go and see my dad, I am able to go and see the family, and I am able to see my friends as well.  Not only does it give me my life back, but it also gives me the chance for benefits as well so that I may continue to strive for the things that need to be taken care of like my teeth, eyes, and any medical that may arise.  Hopefully not, but in case it does then I am prepared.

This is not going to be a lifelong career, I do have plans in place for something else, but, for the time being until I can get everything else worked out that needs to be worked out, this will do.  I enjoyed my job as a Manager as well and look forward to going back.

Today's workout was decent, probably not as effective as going to the gym, but however, it was still good in my eyes.  I did 15 min of step ups to the beat of my music, walking lunges from the living room to the kitchen and back, side lateral step outs with a twist with my 5 lb medicine ball, and then up and down the stairs three times.  In total, was probably only a half hour of workout time but, I didn't feel too good this morning so I will be sure to try and at least do some more when I get home from work.

My weigh in this morning was ok, I'm pretty sure I am at 227 or 228 but, as I am feeling a little on icky side due to mother nature, and quite possibly retaining water, the scale said that I was 230.  So that means I have gone down from last week 1.5 lbs.  I have not quite got the smoking licked, I have definitely reduced it drastically but, I thought that it would be alot easier if I quit going into my days off as I don't have any stress at home and the accessibility isn't there.  Once the first 2 days are done, it should be easy street from there.  So Monday evening will be the official day 1 of my no smoking saga.

Total weight loss to date is -34 lbs :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment