Friday, 18 November 2011

Day 130 - Session

I am having such a fantastic day today!  I woke up feeling a little on the tired side as I have been trying to get a few things sorted out in my life to better enhance my future and was up fairly late last night as a result of it.  However, once I got to the gym and started my session, it turned out to be the start of a pretty amazing day!

I started off on the treadmill for 5 min for my warm up and then went to meet up with Jeremy at the pulley ropes.  I was told to do straight arm rope pull downs 12 - 15 times and then step ups.  I did this 3 times and then moved across the way to the bench where I had to sit on the bench and using both hands while holding a 10 lb medicine ball, do seated trunk rotations and then stand up and bring the ball above my head about 12 to 15 times.  From there I had to do side lateral step outs with a twist using the medicine ball and then down and up the stairs 2 times. 

I had to repeat this a second time and as I did the stairs again, Jeremy did it with me.  Then I did the seated rows with 45lb weights, did the walking lunge across the gym to the TRX ropes, did rowing pull ups and then made my way back doing the walking lunges again.  I did the seated rows once more, this time with 60 lb weights and then went back to the treadmill for my cool down.

My homework for the weekend is to do 10 min of core and 15 min of stretches every day and at least an 1 3/4 of cardio.  I will have to see if I can get this done as I won't be able to get to the gym tomorrow, however, I should be able to do step ups here at home.  My next session is Monday at 9am, and I am hoping that it is just as good as today.  We had a lot of fun talking, laughing and joking around today!  Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to get a good workout in at home here and the blog will be posted later in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment