For the last 5 days now I have been sick. It seems to get better each day but, as I still am having trouble breathing, and unable to do much without hacking up a lung, I still have not gone to the gym. I have, however, been continuing my core exercises and stretching like the good girl that I am. Only because the core and stretching isn't high intensity and I know that is what I can do.
So, yesterday I woke up at 7:30am, got ready for work, looked outside and figured that I wouldn't need to take an umbrella to work as it was only dribbling out there. So, I grabbed my stuff, and started my walk over to the LRT.
As I reached the Walmart parking lot, it really started to pour. I thought to myself, oh good job Krista, out sicker than a dog and walking around with no protection from the rain. Not even a hood to put over your head. Way to go. However, I did finally make it over to the LRT after half an hour of walking briskly, worked my day until 6:30pm and then was back on my way home.
As soon as I got in the door, I had a quick bite to eat, got the yoga mat out, and prepared to get some of the homework done. I held the plank for 30 sec, did 12 pushups, 60 ab crunches and my stretches. I called it a night as the previous night I only averaged about an hour of sleep.
Today, I wound up crawling out of bed at 7:45am, a little bit later than I would have liked but, I was so comfortable that I didn't want to get mobile just yet. I should have just done it anyways as I wasn't able to eat breakfast before I left. I started off walking to the LRT again today, but this time I only wound up walking 20 min before I grabbed the next bus and took that the rest of the way. Hey, cardio is cardio in my books! :)
After work, Jan had to stop at the bank and the pet store and then we had to stop and get gas in the car. By the time we reached home it was 8:00pm. I had wanted to go to the gym tonight however, it is too late now, and if I am going to be up at 5:00am tomorrow to give Jan a ride to the LRT then I figured I would try and get to sleep kind of earlier.
I am planning on doing to reps of the pushups tonight, so 24 in total, and doubling up on the plank and ab crunches, just for that extra push. Of course the regular stretches will be done as well and then it will be off to bed I go. I plan to go to the gym tomorrow and providing I am able to breathe fairly good, I will try to spend at least 2 hours there. I may wind up coming home and then going back, I'm not sure, I will have to see how I feel. :D
No comments:
Post a Comment