Tuesday, 15 May 2012

Day 324

Well, it was an ok day today.  By the time I got off of work, I was tired, cranky and just wanted to be alone and not have to talk to anyone.  So, I came home, let the doggies outside to do their business, and by the time I finished my coffee, I was ready to hit the gym.

I went upstairs to fill up my water bottle and Jeremy was sitting at his desk with 2 of his trainers.  I was really hoping to not see him today, I just wanted to be alone.  Thank goodness he was busy.  Nonetheless, he looked up, finally recognized who I was, grinned like a cheshire cat and waved at me.  I gave him a smile, waved back and went into the ladies only room.

I got on the treadmill, started off at a 3 speed for a min and then increased to a 4 for a min to do my jog.  I did this for the duration of 5 min and then changed it up a little and did a jog for 2 min at a time for a few times and then back to only a minute.

At the 10 min mark I was surprised because I had to go to the washroom.  Normally I can go my full hour and not stop but, regardless, I went.  At this point I had burned 68 calories.  When I got back I wound up going back and forth between the speed walk and jog for another 50 min total and then hit that wonderful cooldown button.  This second time around I burned another 261 calories for a total burn of 329.  Not too bad for a treadmill run I thought.

Once I got off of the treadmill I realized exactly what I had done.  I was sweating so bad that my whole front was soaking wet and I just felt icky.  Good, but icky.  Obviously I did a good job today otherwise I wouldn`t have been that bad.

I left the gym around 5:10 and headed to the LRT station to go and pick up Jan.  We headed to Walmart out on the highway by sherwood park and then when we got home, we relaxed in the yard until around 8:30.  By this time I figured that I should probably get my stretches done and head for bed.

I got the yoga mat out and held the plank for 30 seconds and then right away went into 30 ab crunches.  I did my reaching stretch and then repeated the 30 ab crunches once more.  I kept alternating stretch and ab crunches for 20 min and called it a day.  I had done a total of 150 ab crunches today.

I am pretty sure that tomorrow will be a squat or lunges day with Jeremy, along with some awesome stair climbing and probably some weight lifting.  I guess we will have to see what happens then!  My session is at 10, so I will probably be posting after lunch sometime.

Not much more to say today, still not very talkative.  I am in a much better mood now that I was able to get my workout in and push it to the max, just kind of meh.  Anyways, more tomorrow!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment