Wednesday, 9 May 2012

Day 318

Ok so, it turned out that Monsier Jeremy cancelled on me today.  Once again, he tried to make everyone happy and wound up taking on more of a workload than he was able to manage.  That's ok though because I was still a little bit sore from Monday still and probably wouldn't have been able to manage the session anyways.

I did 8 min on the treadmill before Jeremy wound up cancelling and then I went over to the ladies only room.  I did an additional 5 min on the eliptical and realized that my back was starting to get really sore in the lower area.  I figured I would try maybe the bike.

I wound up lasting even less on the bike.  I lasted for roughly 2 min and went back over to the main area.  I got back on the treadmill and set it on a 2.8 and 2.5 incline.  I went on for about 5 min and then increased the speed to a 3 and the incline to a 4.5.  I went on until I hit 13 min and I had to leave.  By this time I was feeling the middle of the back tighten with the problem in the lower and I had already pushed myself for 5 min longer than I wanted to initially quit.  I left for home and was a little upset with myself.

Today I wound up making a choice that alot of you will probably not believe that I will go through with, but, as of right now, I have been smoke-free for 8 hours.  Last night, I logged on the albertahelps website and signed up.  Today, after I got home from work, I called the hotline when I got home and received my first consultation.

This time I am going to quit.  And I am not going to give in to the temptations that I know will be coming.  And if I am cranky, so be it!  It's part of the process and I have to learn to deal with the cravings. 

Tonight, as it is 8:15pm, I will be doing my stretches and then pretty much heading off to bed.  I am pretty tired as I didn't get a really good sleep last night and I should probably get a good night's rest for tomorrow.  I'm going to the gym in the afternoon and quite possibly, I will be going from 1:30 until the time that Jan gets off of work.  I want to keep my mind fairly busy so that I don't think about when I "should've" had a smoke.

So from now on, let this be the start of a new journey once again and this time will be successful!

No comments:

Post a Comment