Saturday, 12 May 2012

Day 321

Looks like today has been a pretty good day so far.  It is official that I have made it 1 complete day smoke free!  Yay!  This morning Julia and Shelley came over to do a makeup makeover for me, compliments of Melanie.  It was fun, got a lot of new tools and makeup and it seems like I will be doing things a little differently from now on.

Once we were done, Julia gave me a ride over to the Esso by the gym where I grabbed myself a coffee, read my ereader for a little bit and then headed over to the gym.  I changed my shoes and headed up to the ladies only room.  I did 12 forward weight lifts, 12 the other way and 12 trunk rotations on each arm.  I rested for a min and then went right back into it.

I decided that I was going to try and do as much as I possibly could.  I went over to the eliptical and put it on a level 4 and cruised for about 15 min burning 147 calories.  I wasn't quite ready to leave and went on to do the treadmill starting at a 2.9 speed and a 2.5 incline.  After a min I increased the speed to a 4.2 for a min and then alternated this for about 5 min.  I then wound up decreasing the speed of my walk just a little bit to a 2.5 but continued the jog where it was.  I burned 188 calories in 30 min here and went over to the bike.

I had every intention of only doing 15 min on the bike, but as soon as I hit that 15 min mark, I didn't quite feel like I had done anything so I went for another 30 min.  I alternated the levels here as well in between an 8 and a 4.  By the time I was done, I wound up burning 164 calories here.  I figured that was enough for the gym today because Jan and I are planning on going for a walk later on this evening after supper and I wanted to make sure that I was still able to go.

When I got home, I wound up doing my stretches, with the addition of 20 ab crunches and I held the plank for 50.24 seconds.  This is the longest that I have been able to hold it so far so I am fairly pleased with that.  I think when we get back from our walk I will be doing the stretches one more time and this time I will try the plank, ab crunches and pushups as well.  Just to get a little bit extra in.  I am not sure what is going on or even how the scale will read tomorrow but, as I have been sort of watching it in the week it doesn't look good.  Hopefully the numbers are good tomorrow otherwise I may have to kick some butt this week.  My own, but well worth it!  :)

Other than that, I am very excited to be going to my session on Wednesday with Jeremy.  I have missed him and his evilness.  I am hoping he pushes me hard and gives me the workout that will give me the good numbers I want for next week.  I will be heading to the gym tomorrow again for awhile, not 1 1/2 hours like today but probably an hour because I will have to walk home when I am finished.  Here's hoping everyone has a great day!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment