Wednesday, 30 May 2012

Day 339 - Session

Seems like I have been slacking in the department of working out and keeping myself on track lately.  I am unsure as to what is going on but, I have been getting a little stressed out with quite a bit of different things that have been going on in my life in the last few months.

This morning I woke up early to give Jan a ride to the LRT so that I could take the car to my session.  As it neared closer and closer to the time to leave, I really didn't want to go at all.  I did not want to go and see Jeremy, I didn't want to go and workout, I just wanted to stay at home and be by myself.

I was a little bit late leaving the house, and though tmaybe I would be late.  As it turned out I was right on time and got on the treadmill to do my warm up.  It had been 5 days since I had been at the gym and I was actually feeling not guilty about it at all.  Right at 11, Jeremy came to get me and we got going.

I started out doing lunges, and while in the lunge, I had to twist my torso towards the leg I was lunging on and reach down towards the floor across the knee.  I did this 12 times on each leg, and then up and down the stairs 2 times.  I repeated the same lunges, this time with a 10 lb kettle bell and then the stairs again.  I had to repeat the kettle bells and stairs one more time and then he went and 2 10 lb dumb bells.

I had to do 12 squats with the dumbells held out in front of me, and then when standing raise them above my head 12 times.  Then it was off to the bike to do a 2 min sprint and then back to the dumbells again.  Back to another sprint on the bike and then a third round without the sprint on the bike.

Jeremy then went and got the step up platform and brought it over to where we were stationed.  Here I had to stand on the platform with one foot and then lower the heel of the other one to the floor 12 times.  I made the mistake of telling him it was too easy so he had gone and got the lifts for it and raised it up a little bit.  I had to do 12 again on each leg and when finished, do step ups from the side about 30 times and then repeated.

It wasn't really a hard or intense workout, but it was still pretty good.  I felt a little bit better when I left, and I am not sure what my homework is as he hasn't given it to me yet.  I am to assume, that I should be doing at least an hour of cardio every day except 1 day, core and stretching until I see him next.  As I was unable to tell him when we could do a session next week, I had to go out to the car and get my phone and leave my available times with him.  At this point, I don't know when I will see him, but I am thinking probably next Wednesday.

Considering the fact that I had gone out tonight with my friend Cassandra to the pint, I didn't get home until pretty late and that is why the blog wasn't posted yet.  I didn't feel like posting it after the session and figured I better do it before bed.

I might wind up going to the gym in the morning before work, I haven't quite decided yet.  I will have to see how I feel about getting up at 7am.  It might be a go, and it might not.  But, regardless I will be either going in the morning or when I get home.  So the blog will be up at the latest by 9 or 9:30 tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment