Tuesday, 8 May 2012

Day 317

I think today I have finally proven something to myself.  I have finally proven to myself that I will not be taken down without a fight.  I am strong, and more determined than ever to get this life back on track.  Yesterday's episode with my back really took me for a loop.  I maybe should have taken a second night off to recuperate and gather my strength back up, but, I decided before I went to bed last night that from now on, I am not going to take rest until I am finished with my goal.

This morning I crawled out of bed at 6am, not sure what the day was going to bring me.  I knew that I had plans to meet up with a dear friend of mine, Cassandra after work and that I was going to the gym before we were going for coffee.  I didn't count however on the awesome workout that I was able to perform today.

I got to the gym at 1pm, headed up to the ladies only room and was a little bit disappointed because Jeremy had wound up leaving before I was able to get there.  I wanted to talk to him to see when we would be doing our next session.  I opted to start off with the eliptical for a little bit of a warm up and wound up doing that for 8 min and burning 75 calories.  I was feeling pretty good, the back wasn't quite so bad at this point so I wiped down my machine and moved over to the treadmill.

I started off at a 2.5 speed for a min and 0 incline and then decided to move up the speed and do a jog for a min on a 4.2.  I varied back and forth every min between these two for about 15 min and then I decided to try a 4.4 speed a few times.  As I kept on going with the alternating speeds, at one point I decided that I was going to increase the incline to a 2.5.  I wasn't able to continue on at this incline on the jog so I kept it at a 0 for the rest of my time.  I did wind up doing a 2 min jog a couple of times as well so I know that I am starting to get used to it.  Not to mention the fact that I did not hold onto the rails once.  In 52 min I finally ended my hour session at the gym burning an additional 281 calories.

I am very happy that I was able to do the jog so often and for that long.  Hopefully I will be able to continue getting stronger on the treadmill and finally be able to kick some butt!

Once I was heading out of the gym, I wound up running into Jeremy outside.  He asked me how I was doing, noticed that I was dripping wet from my intense workout.  I knew that he was pretty happy and impressed with what I had done after I told him and since I was a little on the rushed side to meet up with Cassandra, I asked him about our next session.  He wanted to do a Saturday session but, I explained that I was busy.  I went back inside and upstairs with him and we agreed on having a session tomorrow at 2pm.  I have a feeling that it will be an interesting session that's for sure.

When I got home from dropping Cassandra off at Clareview, I had my supper and then did 5 different stretches.  I think the core work will have to wait until my back is feeling a bit better and I think that maybe tomorrow or Thursday I will start to do do it once again.  For now, the cardio will have to be enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment