Goooooo blog! Ok so I am still feeling pretty crappy and it sure showed in the session today. i did try my hardest, and Jeremy laughed at me alot, but we made it through with all smiles. Of course, with me retiring the old frumpy and extremely loose fitting clothes, I was wearing a little tighter fitting shirt today and when Jeremy came to get me on the treadmill after my 10 min warm up, he commented on the clothes of course. He asked me where my loose clothes were and I replied that I had retired them and even threw them a burial ceremony.
He laughed and brought me over to the benches by the stairs. I was to do walking lunges across the gym and while in the lunge, turn my body towards the leg that was extended on each side and then make my way back. Once getting back to the benches, I had to do 12 bench squats and then was able to rest. He went over to the trainer's desk and came back with a 20 lb vest. I had to put it on and then do the lunges and the bench squats 2 more times.
I then had to go down and up the stairs and when I got back, was instructed to have a drink, rest for a few min and then he grabbed the bonsai ball and a 5 lb medicine ball. While standing on the bonsai ball, Jeremy would hand me the medicine ball and then I had to bring it to each side and then throw it back to him. We did this about 12 times for each side, in between me losing my balance quite a few times on the ball and Jeremy laughing at my stability issues and then from there I faced one direction, while he faced the other beside me and we did a ball toss each way.
I went down and up the stairs again and then we repeated these two exercises and then went back downstairs to a secluded room. I had to do step ups, 10 for each leg, 8 pushups and then sitting on the stage do 12 5lb dumbell lifts while seated. I was able to rest for a min and then I had to take one of the dumbells, hold it over my head while doing toe taps and then repeated the 8 pushups, and 2 handed dumbell lifts. I repeated these 1 more time and then we made our way back upstairs.
Jeremy asked me to do a 2 min sprint on the bike at a level 10, reduce the level to a 5 for a min and then keep alternating it. As I am still not feeling good, I was unable to complete this and he said that it was ok for me to just continue on how I felt most comfortable for the duration of 10 min. As I was leaving we set up a session for next Wednesday at 11 and then he gave me my homework.
I am to do 5 hours of cardio, 10 min of core every day and also my normal stretching. I told him that clearly I didn't get my homework done as I was sick for the weekend and that I would try to get my homework done this time.
Tomorrow I work from 10 until 6:30 and I have full intentions of going to the gym first thing in the morning before I go to work. I am hoping to fill some of my days off from Epcor this week with some shifts at Esso. I have been hounding them pretty bad, which of course, I kind of feel a little bad about but, I really am in need of the money. Hopefully tomorrow I will hear some good news in that department.
I have already done a few stretches this morning before I went to my session but, I am hoping to get some done tonight as well before I head off for bed. If I do, I will post with the blog tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment