I surprised myself this morning by getting up at 6:30 am. I was awake at 5:30 but got up at 6:30. Meh, no biggie. I still had plenty of time to get to my workout this morning. I got dressed, took out the recycle for Jan and had my morning smoke before we headed on our way. I got to the esso at about 7:30 and enjoyed my coffee until Nikki and Matt came to meet up with me and share their story of her session. Sounds like she had an effective one as well!
i got over to the gym at 8:30am and Nikki's trainer was at the front desk. He asked if I was training with Jeremy today and I said yes. He was surprised and said that Jeremy told him yesterday that he wasn't coming. For about 20 min I kept thinking about our last session and racking my brain because maybe I got the days mixed up. But then I thought, oh well, if he doesn't come at 9 I will do my own workout and then text him later to set up our last 2 sessions for next week.
I put my stuff in the locker and headed upstairs, I started towards the treadmill and then thought, no, I think I'm gonna do the bike this morning for my warmup. Good thing I did! Jeremy walked it at his usual time of 9:05 and we got to work right away.
I started off doing reverse lunges but as I went down into the lunge I had to cross my right leg behind the left one as far as I could go and then repeat 12 times. I then had to take the 4kg medicine ball and walking from the TRX ropes with the ball held over my head to the mirror and back and then throw the medicine ball down and catch it 15 times. I repeated this circuit twice more but the last time walking across the gym I had to do the walking lunges with the medicine ball held over my head.
From there he set up the step ups board and I had to do 8 step ups on each leg while doing a bicep curl and then raising the 7.5 lb dumbells above my head. I then had to do lunges and while holding the lunge, I had my arms stretched out to the sides and had to move the arms in small circles 15 times forward on one leg and then backwards on the other. I repeated this little circuit 2 more times and then he had me straddle the step up board and do 10 step ups from the side. It was kind of difficult to do, but I managed to do it!
Finally he set up a mat under the TRX ropes and I had to do 25 ab crunches with the TRX ropes and then getting up on my elbows, had to raise my legs and do kind of like a bicycle motion with my legs as long as I could. It was hard for me to do because I am not used to keeping my legs suspended in the air but, I managed to do it. We repeated this one more time and then he moved me to the treadmill and put me on a 15 incline and a 2.4 speed and then upped the speed for about 30 seconds to a 2.8. He dropped the incline to a 10 and then put me up to a 3 speed for about another 30 seconds and then dropped my speed again back to a 2.4. Finally I did a cool down and he gave me my homework. I have to do an hour and a half of cardio on the bike doing intervals and stretching every day. I told him that I could handle that and was on my way.
I feel good right now, of course, I always feel good after my workouts and I think I will be doing just a little bit more before I go to work today. I definitely have to do my stretches so I think I will incorporate some ab crunches in there and then maybe I will try the plank and of course my normal stretches. My next session is Monday morning at 9 but I will be going to the gym at some point tomorrow and of course sunday as well! :)
Happy happy day today!
No comments:
Post a Comment