Friday, 7 October 2011

Day 88 - session

What a workout this morning!  After having a really bad sleep last night, I was surprised to have as much energy as I did this morning in my session.  I was up at 730 and ready to go by 8.  I went to McDonalds and got a couple of breakfast burritos for a change and a coffe and then to Esso to get a pack of smokes.  I quickly ate my food and headed over to the gym.

I signed in and glanced at the piece of paper telling me how many sessions I have left and asked the girl to check it again because I thought I had less sessions than what was recorded.  She said no, it was right and to maybe check with Jeremy to see if it was correct.  So, I put my stuff away and went upstairs where he was sitting in his office waiting patiently for me to arrive.  I asked him to check out the amount of sessions and it turns out I have 6 more with him.  Only 3 weeks and then I have to decide if I can afford to pay for more sessions with him.  I sure hope I can.

I started off on the treadmill on a 4.5 incline and a 2.4 speed but soon realized that I had to take it just a little bit slower as my left knee was giving me problems this morning.  It almost felt like it was going to buckle from beneath me.  So I slowed it down to a 2 and continued on for 10 min.  By this time Jeremy had come over to wipe down my machine and I was ready to go.

We went over to the bench press and I had to sit on the end and then using 5lb barbells stand up and extend my arms over my head 10 times.  At this point, there was a guy that walked up to us and Jeremy introduced us.  Paul was shadowing Jeremy today and would be with us for the duration of our session.  Yay!  Two men to watch me struggle and sweat!  Just what I always wanted!  At that point I let Jeremy know about my left knee and he agreed to switch things up just a little bit so that I wasn't doing too much bending and lifting with my legs.  I then went over to the stairs and had to do 12 step ups with each leg, return to the bench press and this time lift 7.5lb barbells from sitting up over my head almost touching them together 12 times.  Back to the stairs to do step ups 12 times and then a calf stretch.  One more time for the barbells and then we went over to the other side of the gym.

On the other side I did the cross body stretch on the railing with each arm and then stretched with both arms.  Then I had to do 12 rowing pulls on each side lifting 25lbs and then down and up the stairs I went.  Back to the rowing pulls and stairs and then I had to do the walking lunges across the gym.  I was able to have a quick drink and break and then I had to do the trunk pulls 12 times on each side.  From there I did a 3 min sprint on the bike and then back to the trunk pulls again.  This time I had to lift 35lbs.  Back to the bike for another 3 min sprint and then we went over to the mats and I had to lay on my back and stretch as far as I could with my arms above my head and feet pointed the other direction. 

I then had to do 15 ab crunches, roll over and do the plank and then rest.  I had counted 15 seconds as I held it, but Jeremy counted 13.  So I did the ab crunches another 15 times and did the plank again.  Only this time he timed me.  I was able to hold it for 18 seconds!  Longest so far that I have been able to hold it.  Jeremy then helped me with the next two stretches.  The first one was where I had to lay on my back and bring my left leg over my right one and he pulled it over to help me out by stretching those muscles out.  We repeated on the other side and because I wasn't saying anything he took it easy.  Apparently because I don't tell him when I'm hurting he watches my facial expressions and can tell when to stop pulling.  He then had me put my right ankle on my left knee and pushed towards me while holding my leg in place.  I then had to do the hamstring stretch on the machine and cool down.

It was an awesome session this morning and I am really happy with my determination today.  Although, as I sit here writing, I can feel my back tightening up and starting to hurt a bit.  So I'm sure when I go to work tonight my back won't be liking Jeremy at all.  My next session isn't until Tuesday at 8am as he is not working on Monday because of the holiday.  But, I will be working out everyday until then so the blog will be posted every day regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment