I was a wee bit off to a slow start again this morning. I woke up later than I wanted and wound up being a couple min late to the gym for my session. I was lucky though in a way because Jan was still not feeling good and stayed home from work so I was able to take the car over. As I headed down the street I realized that I forgot my water bottle and therefore had to stop at Esso to pick one up. Darn it! I had a quick smoke and noticed that Jeremy was there waiting for me to get started. So I put my stuff in a locker and went up to the treadmill for 4 min. He followed me upstairs and came to get me after my warmup and we got started right away.
The first thing he had me do was what he likes to call "trunk pulls." Standing with your feet together you pull a rope with both arms extended straight out in front of you and pull across your body to the other side. I did this 12 times and then had to do step ups on an approximately 24 inch step 10 times on each leg. The back to the rope and this time I had to do a lunge and hold it while pulling the rope another 12 times on each arm. I was able to have a quick rest and then we did all three over again for a second time.
From there he had me go to the other siide of the pulley ropes and pull a split rope while squatting and weighing 50lbs 12 times, go down and up the stairs 2 times and then a 3 min sprint on the bike not going under 90rpm. I repeated this circuit one more time and then we went to the other side of the gym.
On the other side we did the double rope pull 15 times and then I had to walk and lunge to the other side of the gym and back and then repeat this as well. He then had me using another machine that is very hard to describe but, what it does is basically the same thing as the railing for stretching out the back except for the fact that you are on your knees instead of standing.
After that we went downstairs and facing a machine with handles high above me I had to pull 55lbs down and then I got a quick rest and he upped the weight to 70lbs before I could protest, rest and do it one more time on the 70 lbs each time I had to do this 12 times.
He then told me to go upstairs and stretch the hamstrings and do the flexibility machine for my cool down and then proceeded to give me my homework. I am supposed to do an hour and three quarters of cardio and stretches every day until I see him friday at 9am again.
This workout was pretty good although, my lower back is pretty sore at the moment and since I am watching Sophia today, it is not much more likely that it will improve too much. My legs are feeling ok right now but I'm sure that by tomorrow they will be feeling it. Tomorrow I am hoping to go to the gym once again in the morning and then wednesday will be a rest day other than the stretches. Hopefully this week will be really good in the way of my weigh in on Sunday as I haven't really seen any good numbers or good progress for 3 weeks now. Who knows? Maybe...
No comments:
Post a Comment