Tuesday, 25 October 2011

Day 106

Today was a great day indeed!  I was able to sleep in a little bit, which of course made me really happy.  I got up at 8am, had my shower and was out the door by 9.  I started walking towards the emergency medical center to go and get my blood work done and noticed that we have a place right across the street from my place!  So I went over only to find out that it was going to be an hour before I could get my blood taken.  Darn it!  So I turned around and left and then thought about it as I was walking.  To get to the other place it would take roughly about an hour to walk there, and more than most likely I would have to wait there as well.  So I turned back and sat there and waited.

Once I was done there, I started on my way to the gym and realized that since I don`t have my winter jacket on, it was pretty chilly out!  I crossed the street, dug into my purse, and grabbed the bus to clareview and then over to the gym.  I had hoped to make it by 12 because Nikki had a session at the same time and I wanted to pretty much see what she does in her sessions and do my own little workout at the same time on the treadmill.  As it turned out, I got to the gym 15 min late. 

I started off on a 4.5 incline and a 2.4 speed and fluctuated between 2.4 and 2.8 speed for 45 min.  My incline fluctuated as well between a 4.5 and 12.  I wound up burning 350 calories in the 45 min though so that`s not too bad.  Once done, Nikki and I started walking over to Esso as I was meeting my other friend Cassandra for coffee there.  We had a smoke together and then Nikki had to leave because she had to be home for Sophia.

Cassandra and I visited for maybe about 45 min and then we walked towards her place and waited for the bus with me.  I didn`t make it home until about 3pm and boy oh boy did I ever speed walk for roughly about a block!  It was only maybe 5 - 7 minutes but still, it could`ve been at least a 3.1 on the treadmill speed.

Once home, I sat and played on the computer for a bit and then when Jan got home at 4, I started my stretches.  I layed on my back and pointed my toes, and reached high above my head and held it for 45 sec.  I went right into 15 ab crunches and then put my right ankle on my left knee and stretched that leg, 15 more ab crunches, then stretched the other leg.  When I finished that stretch I did 15 more ab crunches and then went into the one where you grab your left leg with your right hand and pull over.  Before I did the other side I did another 15 ab crunches, and then after.  I finished off with sitting up and reaching to my toes with one leg bent against the opposite knee and then did the other side.

I do have to do laundry tonight so I will be doing stairs as well this evening.  I`m hoping before bed I can get at least 21 sets of stairs in, which would be the equivalent of 7 sets of stairs at the gym.  Maybe....

Have a good night everyone!  Tomorrow is rest day so no blog but I will be posting around 10 or 10:30 on thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment