Today was very interesting indeed. After my session yesterday I felt like I wasn't really satisfied and that maybe I should've done more. However, today is another story. I am definitely feeling yesterday's workout in the legs, center back, and a little bit in the arms. So I am to assume that yesterday's workout was actually pretty good. I wasn't able to go to the gym this morning like any normal Saturday, so I opted to go after work today with Nikki. She met me at work at 4 and then we headed back to my place so that I could change my shirt and then we walked to the gym. Both of us were pretty sore from our sessions yesterday so it did take a little bit longer to get there.
We arrived 45 min later and I started on the eliptical because my homework this weekend was that I was forbidden to do the treadmill but I had to do the eliptical for an hour and forty five minutes before my next session on Tuesday.
Since the eliptical and I have so many issues with each other, today was no exception. I was however able to go 20 min on it burning 200 calories. Unfortunately every 30 seconds to a minute I had to stop for a few seconds before carrying on because my right leg was giving me trouble. However, I pushed through and finished it.
I got home and rested for a few minutes (probably more like an hour lol) and decided to get the stretches started. I pulled out the yoga mat and got down on the floor. I held my hands above my head and reached as far as I could and pointed my toes and held on for a minute. I then grabbed my left leg and pulled it across my body to the right, held for a minute and then did the other side. I then put my right ankle on my left knee and brought my left leg up towards my chest and repeated on the other side. Each side was held for a minute and then sitting up I put my right foot against the left knee and reached forward to grab my left foot. I did each side again, holding for one minute and then got down on my stomach to do the cobra stretch for a minute as well.
I then tried to do the plank but I wasn't very successful with that, I was only able to hold it for a few seconds. I then did 50 ab crunches and put the yoga mat away. I went over to the stairs and did 20 calf stretches, and then did the cross body stretch on the railing and then the double arm stretch as well for good measure. I am feeling quite satisfied now but, I'm sure my back will be disagreeing with me by morning.
Tomorrow morning Nikki and I are hopefully meeting at the gym at 9 for another session of that silly eliptical. I'm hoping to hit 30 min whether or not I have to stop for a few seconds before going on. I would really like to be able to hit my goal of at least completing my homework but, it is going to be touch I am sure. It is also weigh in day tomorrow so hopefully I have some good numbers to share. I usually keep an eye on my weight throughout the week but this week I decided not to put myself through the agony of watching it go up and down and am now waiting, like the rest of you to find out the results!
No comments:
Post a Comment